You guys know I am always in my kitchen making something, so I thought it would be fun this year to do a Kitchen Essential Gift Guide that focuses on items I use almost every single day and have tested these items over and over and over again and have found the things that I love and have stood up to all the things I make and do each day in my kitchen.
I look forward to expanding on these items, as this doesn’t even come close to all the items I would LOVE to share with you all. I didn’t even begin to cover all the baking things, however, this does include a lot of those items I use.
Whether you are looking for something to get your interested baker in your life started OR you have a kitchen expert on your hands, I know they would take any of these items to either get them started or to update what they have. 🙂
Let me know if you have questions on any specific kitchen item below or if there is a kitchen item you are thinking about…I would be happy to help.
Below is a list of all the items broken down and my thoughts on each:
- Chantal Vintage Steel Enamel Tea Kettle – I love a great tea kettle for two reasons: 1. I love the look of it setting out on a stove and 2. Love making tea and hearing the whistle go! 🙂 This kettle does not take long at all to heat up and comes in a variety of other fun colors.
- 3-piece Stainless Steel Bowl Set – One of my favorite mixing bowl sets. I have had these for almost 10 years and they are great, perfect size and not too heavy!
- USA Pan Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan – After getting into making egg muffin recipes this year, I realized that owning a good muffin tin pan was very important. My mom switched over to these this past year and could not believe the difference they made. So whether your are looking to make egg muffins or yummy cupcakes, it is always good to have a set of muffin tins on hand.
- Mastrad Silicone Slim Spatula – Okay, these spatulas y’all. AMAZING. I will seriously not use any other kind and have maybe three or four of these in baking utensil holder. The size is perfect and the entire spatula being the same material makes them super easy to clean. EVERYONE should own at least one of these.
- Calphalon 12-by-17-Inch Rectangular Nonstick Jelly Roll Pans, Set of 2 – These pans I use all.the.time. Whether it be to food prep, cook spaghetti squash on or any baked goods, these pans are constantly being used. Absolutely love them.
- Milton Spoon Rest – Such a fun spoon rest that adds that touch of color and fun to your kitchen!
- Stainless Steel Lemon Squeezer with Silicone Handles – Anyone else begin their morning with lemon and water!? I use this every single morning and end up using it more than I ever thought I would. Whether you are adding lemon or lime to a salad, guac or to a chicken recipe, having a squeezer makes squeezing a lemon or lime so much easier.
- Gold measuring cups and Gold measuring spoons – Hands down these are my FAVORITE measuring cups/spoons in my kitchen. I have them in silver, but if they made them in gold eight years ago when I got mine, I would have for sure done the gold. They come in three other colors and love how low profile they are…making it easy to stack in your drawers.
- Woven Geo Dishcloths (set of 6) – I use these every.single.day and they sure make washing and cleaning the dishes/kitchen a lot happier! Great as a stocking stuffer.
- OXO Good Grips Magnetic All-Purpose Clips (4 PACK) – Perfect for a stocking stuffer and you can never have too many clips. I have found that I like them more than any other kind out there. Love that they are slim and have a magnetic strip on the back.
- Mini Serving Spatula – These mini spatula’s are seriously the best!!! They are the perfect size for your hand and also the perfect size when cutting into a pan of bars or pie. I also use this every morning when I make my eggs and may have three of these in my kitchen drawer.
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware Set with Red Lids (4-Piece) – These are my go-to food prep / casserole dishes and Pyrex will never let you down. Everyone should own 9X13 and 10X10″ glass baking dishes.
- Pyrex Glass Ground Food Container Set with Blue Lids (6-Piece) – Favorite containers to store all.the.things and easy to stack keeping your drawers nice and organized.
- Tufted and Textured Apron – Because you have to have a cute apron when you’re baking, right?
- Stainless Steel Micro-perforated 5-Quart Colander – Whether you are washing off berries or straining pasta, having a great strainer is always a good idea!
- All-Clad d5 Stainless-Steel French Skillets, Set of 2 – Favorite pans I have ever owned and probably will never need to buy another set. These two sizes are perfect and give you plenty of room to cook, stir, etc. and so easy to clean up.
- Reversible Marble Cutting Board – Everyone needs a good cutting board and I prefer these over a wood cutting board, as I think they are easier to clean. Comes in other fun colors too.
- Miyabi Evolution Rocking Santoku – So after YEARS of working with an okay knife, I finally decided to go to Sur la Table and test out knives and see which one I liked. They ask you the type of knife you have previously been using and the types of things you will be cutting, etc. They then pull some knives based on what you tell them and then they have you actually chop potatoes with the different knives to see what you think. I ended up going with this Rocking Santoku and YOU GUYS…GAME CHANGER. I seriously don’t know why I waited so long to get a great knife, but it is the only knife I need and use it almost every single day. This is great if you want to do the rock and chop or if you want to finely chop something. Great gift for anyone or you could do a gift card to Sur la Table and they could then be fitted for a knife.
- Kitchen Aid Mixer – I could write an entire blog post about this item and the blender below, but I will save that for another day. But if you are looking for a splurge item this mixer is it! Especially if the baker is wanting to try lots of baking recipes!
- VITAMIX Professional Series 750 Blender – They sure have upgraded these blenders A LOT since the one I got almost 10 years ago. This is another investment piece, but is 100% worth it and is something one can use for SO many things. From smoothies to soups to salsa, this blender does it all. Great product and worth the price in the long run. I will do a more extensive review on this after the New Year, but if you have questions about this item or the mixer…let me know!
Need more ideas?