½ cup butter
½ cup dark Karo syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
9 cups Rice Chex
- In a saucepan add the butter, dark Karo syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a rapid bowl. Make sure to stir continuously, so it does not burn.
- After mixture is boiling, add in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will turn a lighter color and foam up – remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, Pour sauce over Rice Chex and stir until Rice Chex are evenly coated.
- Pour into a 9X13” pan and bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees. Stirring every 5 minutes.
- Once time is up, take out of the oven and transfer mixture to wax paper and let mixture cool.
- After mixture has cooled, transfer and store in a Ziploc baggie.