When #nationalsmoresday so happens to fall on a Friday...you know we have to celebrate this! You simply need 5 ingredients, 20 minutes and a pan of these can be ALL yours!
It's crazy that August is here and these summer nights will soon be turning cooler, but we aren't going to talk about that right now! Right now we are going to enjoy what's left of this heat, even if we are over it and our flowers and yards can't take it anymore. Iowa friends...it is better than 10 inches of snow on the ground, right!?!? 😉 As much as I love s'mores, sometimes the thought of starting a fire or warming up the grill in 100 degree weather doesn't sound very inviting.
So if you're anything like me and craving one of the tastes of summer, but want it to be simple and of course yummy, than I've got the perfect solution for you. All you need is 20 minutes, five ingredients and you'll have s'mores bars at your fingertips!
Below is the recipe and I hope you will see how you can easily make these this weekend! Make a pan and share them with family/friends or eat them all yourself...no one will judge, I promise! 🙂
Recipe: S'mores Bars
Preheat oven to 375°
Layer 1: S'mores Base
- Using a ziploc bag, you will add in the graham crackers. (Typically for 3 cups of graham crackers it is two of the bags of crackers that come in the box.) Taking a rolling pin, you will roll back and forth until the graham crackers are finely chopped.
- Melt 3/4 cups of butter in a microwavable dish.
- After graham crackers are crushed and butter is melted, in a medium size mixing bowl you will add the graham crackers, butter and sugar together and mix until combined.
- Using a greased 9x13" pan, you will press 3/4 of the batter into the pan.
Layer 2: S'mores Top Layer
- Now that you have the base layer pressed into the pan, you can add your chocolate chips and marshmallows to the top, spreading evenly across the pan. You can always add more if you want!
- Using the remaining graham cracker mixture, you will add the rest to the top, lightly pressing.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Let bars completely cool before cutting into or don't and it will be one fantastic and amazing ooey, gooey mess! 🙂
Below you can easily shop this recipe, to see the exact products that I used to make the bars.
Shop the recipe here:
Also, if you missed last weeks post about #khbookclub...there still plenty of time to order the book and read. I have loved hearing and seeing the photos of those of you have been reading the book. Simply click here to learn more.
As always, let me know if you have any questions about making the bars, I'm happy to help. Hope you have a great weekend!
Using a ziploc bag and a rolling pin, you will crush the graham crackers until they are finely crushed.
In a microwavable bowl, melt 3/4 cup of butter
In a medium sized mixing bowl you will combine the 3 cups of crushed graham crackers, 3/4 cup melted butter and 1/3 of sugar. Mix all together.
In a greased 9X13" pan, you will press 3/4 of the mixture into the pan. Press until pan is covered.
Once the crust is pressed into the bottom of the pan, you will add the marshmallows and chocolate chips to the top, and then will dot the remaining 1/4 graham cracker on top of the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
Let cool completely before cutting into, or don't and it will be one fantastic amazing ooey, gooey mess! 🙂