Happy Thanksgiving Week! I cannot believe it is already here and I know everyone is going to be baking up all.the.things. this week. So depending on whether you are team pumpkin pie or bars, I think we can all agree that one of those recipes MUST be made the week of Thanksgiving! And I am TOTALLY team pumpkin bars! Every year I am counting down the days/minutes until I can make these on October 1 and as soon as Thanksgiving is over...that's it until next year. 🙁 Whether you're looking for something easy to take to a Friendsgiving, work potluck or pumpkin pie simply isn't your thing...than THIS recipe is for you! It takes literally five minutes to mix up and I promise you cannot mess up this recipe. Simply add the ingredients to your mixing bowl and using a mixer, mix together...yes, it really is that easy and I PROMISE everyone will LOVE you for making/bringing them.
Recipe: Pumpkin Bars
- Using a mixer first combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- You will then add in the vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until well combined, scraping the edges.
- Then add in the can of pumpkin puree. Mixing until well combined, scraping the edges and then mixing again.
- Pour into a non greased 11X17" pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Then let cool. After bars have cooled, you will make the cream cheese frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Using a mixer combine cream cheese and butter, whip until smooth. Then add in the milk and vanilla, mixing continuously. Next add in the powdered sugar. Mixing until frosting is super creamy. Pour over cooled pumpkin bars and spread evenly across. Refrigerate. Slice and enjoy!
Below you will see a photo of the EXACT ingredients that I use to make my pumpkin bars.
So from my kitchen to yours, enjoy my all-time favorite Pumpkin Bar recipe!
Photos by Anna Routh / annarouth.com